If Cruella De Vil had a signature latte, this would be it. In a world of pastel lattes, this luxuriously smooth Black Sesame Matcha Latte embraces the dark side!
BUT- don’t be fooled by looks, there’s nothing gloomy about this beauty. Matcha and Sesame team up to give you a powerful punch. Mhm what to do list? Completed it!
And the second best part? It’s deliciously rich, creamy, slightly nutty and downright delicious!
Take a sip on the dark side! C’mon, we dare you!
THIS MATCHA SESAME LATTE IS:
Oh so creamy, sweet & nutty
3 layers of natural energy!!
FOR 1 LATTE:
For the sweet black sesame paste*:
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the latte:
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tsp Teangle Cooking Matcha
- 1 touch of maple syrup or honey if needed
- 1-2 tsp sweet sesame paste
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- In a blender or a food processor, add the sesame seeds. Blend on high speed for about 10 minutes, scraping the sides as you go. When the sesame seeds start to form a paste, add the honey and vanilla. Continue to blend until you obtain a creamy nut butter consistency.
- Dissolve the matcha in the hot water. Add a touch of maple syrup or honey if desired.
- In a glass, add 1-2 tsp of sesame paste. Add ice cubes to fill glass.
- Add the milk and the matcha. Mix and top with sesame seeds.
*If you don't blend the sesame seeds enough, there will be little chunks of sesame seeds in your latte. In this case, simply pass your latte through a sieve and pour in a glass.
*Sesame has a pretty strong taste. Start by adding 1 tsp and add more if you desire.
Going to make this Matcha Sesame Latte?! Take a picture, share it on Instagram and tag us @teanglematcha