Why choose between ice cream, Matcha or cookies when you can have all three?!
Get your hands on a Matcha Ice Cream Sandwich ASAP (made from scratch, by the way)! Soft, chewy, and refreshing, this sandwich is summer time in a bite!
Simple, fun to make and — best of all — so delicious, you'll be going in for seconds!
THESE FROZEN MATCHA SANDWICHES ARE:
Bursting with energy!!
For the Chocolate Matcha Cookies
- 6 tbsp of Vegetable margarine or soft coconut oil
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of plant based milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 ½ cup of gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ½ c. tsp of baking powder
- 2 c. tsp of Teangle ceremonial Matcha
- 4 oz oz of dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 generous pinch of salt!
For the Ice Cream
- You can buy vegan ice cream or sorbet from the store. Vanilla, raspberry and/or dark chocolat is delicious. You can also make your own Homemade Matcha Nice Cream
Matcha Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the margarine and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes. Add milk and vanilla, and whisk until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream spoon (of 15 mL) make approximately 20 cookies. Put the cookies on a cooking plate leaving a few inches between each one.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes, and let cool completely!
- Now for the reaaalllly fun part, spread the softened ice cream on one cookie. Use an offset spatula to spread the ice cream evenly. Place the second cookie on top and place into the freezer to freeze until firm, about 4-5 hours.
Going to whip up this delicious Matcha Ice Cream Sandwich? Snap a pic and tag us @teanglematcha