Crusty on the outside, creamy on the inside, this Green Goddess Matcha Sandwich requires little effort and makes an oh so-delicious lunch.
The best part? Thanks to a little guy called L-theanine, this Matcha sandwich will help you beat that mid-afternoon slump.
(Warning: your co-workers might get jealous over the newfound spring in your step.)
THIS MATCHA SANDWICH IS:
- Filled with protein
- The afternoon energy you need!
Matcha tofu spread:
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu
- ⅓ cup of vegan mayo or greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, parsley, basil, tarragon, chives, etc.)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Teangle Matcha for Recipes
- Salt and pepper
For the sandwich:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup tofu spread
- A few slices of cucumber
- 1 slice of vegan feta (optional)
- A few boston lettuce leaves
- ¼ of an avocado
- A handful of alfalfa
- Toast the two slices of bread. Spread a generous amount of the Matcha tofu spread on each slice of bread.
- Add the cucumber slices, feta, boston lettuce, avocado and alfalfa.
Take a photo of your Green Goddess Matcha Sandwich, share it on instagram and tag us @teanglematcha